Revision and Batch Control Improves Quality
Maintaining high-quality products means keeping excellent control of revision and batch data. CPC takes pride in keeping the integrity of the revision and batch data for all of the products we build. It is also important for distributors to keep control of the part numbers and their associated batch numbers for all CPC products they’ve received. This information is the first thing asked for when a customer has a request for a return, replacement or investigation of an issue.
Part number, revision and batch data help CPC contain stock that is in CPC inventory including Work in Process (WIP.) We can support the containment of stock at the distributor, customer or sub-contractor through communication of the revision and batch data via phone and email. Containment of stock based on the revision and batch number is the best way to ensure only the highest quality product is available to our customers. Additionally, it helps us maintain costs and production efficiency.
Another instance where revision and batch data comes into play is when your customer is planning or implementing a change to their assembly that affects a CPC coupling. It is critical that you notify CPC of this change as soon as possible. With early notification CPC can help manage the transition to the new assembly with proper inventory containment and documentation. If known at the beginning of the customer change process CPC can meet customer timing requirements by
- drawing a new design, if applicable,
- creating a new customer print or model,
- printing new Service Level Agreements (SLA) or prototypes, or
- routing the Engineering Change Order (ECO) to drive action within CPC.
We need your help. We urge you to take the following measures to maintain the quality of the product you and your customers receive from CPC:
- Start gathering part number and batch information of the current CPC inventory at all your locations.
- Open a project or documentation file to house all correspondence and relevant data for all CPC products.
- If your customer is making a change to an assembly that impacts CPC couplings, set up a conference call or meeting with your CPC regional sales manager and designated engineer. If possible include the customer on the conference or in the meeting.