Updated June 22, 2020
Colder Products Company (“CPC
”) respects your individual privacy.
If you are an employee of CPC or a CPC Affiliate (see section 5 below for the definition), you should refer to the Employee Privacy Notice provided by your employer.
- Who we are and contact details
- What personal data we collect
- What we do with the personal data we gather
- Data Sharing
- Lawful Bases
- Security and Confidentiality
- How long will we hold your personal data for
- Transfers of personal data
- Links to other websites
- Rights to your personal data
- Persons under 18
- Any concerns?
1. WHO WE ARE AND CONTACT DETAILS
This is the website of:
Colder Products Company
2820 Cleveland Ave. N.,
Roseville, MN 55113
You should note, as described in section 5 below, that CPC Affiliates may also process your personal data.
Our representative in the EU:
Colder Products Company GmbH
64546 Mörfelden-Walldorf, Germany
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following personal data:
- Contact information – that is, information such as your full name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and information about your query;
- Information related to customer surveys, promotions, and/or offers (e.g., preferences, demographics, interests, etc.);
- Information related to your relationship with CPC, for example if you are a distributor, the number of products sold;
- Information about the device you use to access the Web Sites (e.g. IP address)
- Registration information provided when you register for an account on the Web Sites;
- Registration information when you register and use our web store;
- Records of the resources you have accessed on our Web Sites;
- Transaction information which includes details of products you have purchased from us;
- Your marketing preferences; and
- Any other information you may provide (for example, when you request more information about a product at a trade fair).
3. WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL DATA WE GATHER
We use the personal data we gather about you for the following purposes:
- to understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and respond to your inquiries;
- to notify you of new products and services offered by CPC;
- to administer your registration if you register with CPC through the Websites so that you can access product drawings, be updated with interesting industry trends and relevant information, including case studies and white papers;
- to conduct surveys and research into the potential use of CPC products in applications for customers and prospective customers;
- for internal record keeping;
- to administer promotions, services (e.g., registration for webcasts, etc.) and offers which you register for;
- to register you as a customer to use our web stores, to process and deliver your orders (e.g., manage payments, fees and charges) purchased through our web stores;
- to improve the products and services offered through the Web Sites;
- to measure the number of visitors to the Web Sites and the areas of the Web Sites that are of most interest to visitors and to customize the Web Sites.
We do not use the personal data that you provide to make automated decisions about you.
We do not sell your personal information.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, CPC may also use your personal data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold you Personal Information to any other entity; and we do not and will not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
Where required by local law, we will obtain your prior consent:
- to send you direct marketing communications about CPC;
- to provide your personal data to CPC Affiliates (see section 5 for the definition) for their direct marketing purposes; and
- to provide your personal data to third parties and other partners for joint marketing efforts or their own direct marketing efforts.
Please note that you always have the right to withdraw your consent.
Otherwise we may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail, or other means unless you direct us not to do so.
We may use your personal data for our own marketing purposes, including, but not limited to notifying you of new services, offers or other information via mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing purposes or to provide your personal data to CPC Affiliates or to third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such uses by notifying us in accordance with the procedure set forth below under the heading, “Rights to your Personal Data.”
5. DATA SHARING
We may share your personal data with our affiliates (i.e., affiliated businesses and operating companies) (collectively, "CPC Affiliates") in pursuance of the purposes set out in section 3 above. Information about our CPC Affiliates is available on the Web Site:
We may also share your personal data with our parent company, Dover Corporation, in pursuance of the purposes set out in section 3 above. You can contact Dover Corporation at:
3005 Highland Parkway
Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
You can contact Dover Corporation via the following:
Tel: (00 1) 630-541-1540.
We may share your personal data with third party service providers (including contractors who provide services to us) to assist with any of the uses of personal data described above. For example, we may share and/or provide your personal data with/to third parties that assist with the operation, administration, or maintenance of the Web Sites (including the operation of our webstores), or who provide marketing services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties if disclosure is required to comply with applicable laws or regulations; comply with legal process or a court order; to respond to requests from public and government authorities; or if disclosure is necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions; to protect your safety or security; to protect our rights, the safety and security of our site and property or that of CPC Affiliates or third parties; to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
We may share or transfer your personal data to a third party if CPC enters into, or is involved in, a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of some or all its assets.
6. LAWFUL BASES
Under the laws in the EU, we are required to identify the lawful bases for which we use your personal data. These are:
- Legitimate Interest – we have a legitimate interest in contacting you where you provide us with your details, to keep records of your purchases, to manage our relationship with you and to monitor and improve the use of the Web Sites and to send you marketing communications.
- Consent – where we are required by local law to collect consent to send you marketing communications
- Compliance with a legal obligation – where we are required to collect and disclose your personal data because we are subject to a legal or regulatory obligation
- Necessary for the performance of a contract – where we need to use your personal data to process payment or arrange delivery of products you purchase.
We do not intend to collect any sensitive personal data (which is defined under EU law to include, for example, personal data on ethnicity, racial origin and health).
Where we rely on the legitimate interest lawful basis to use your personal data, you always have the right to object to such use by contacting us using the details above.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details above.
7. SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online. However, we are not able to guarantee the confidentiality of non-confidential data such as feedback, questions, comments or ideas that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via the “Contact Us” links or similar features on the Web Sites). We reserve the right to use and disclose such non-confidential information as we deem appropriate in compliance with applicable law.
There is no perfect security, and reasonable security is a process that involves risk management rather than risk elimination. While we are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and updating a reasonable information security program, no such program can be perfect; in other words, all risk cannot reasonably be eliminated. Data security incidents and breaches can occur due to vulnerabilities, criminal exploits, or other factors that cannot reasonably be prevented. Accordingly, while our reasonable security program is designed to manage data security risks and thus help prevent data security incidents and breaches, it cannot be assumed that the occurrence of any given incident or breach results from our failure to implement and maintain reasonable security measures.
8. HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will retain your personal data for as long as:
- we have a relationship with you;
- we are required by law; or
- we need to protect ourselves as a business or protect any other third party.
If you have any questions about our retention policy, please contact us using the details set out above.
9. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
As a global organisation, we will transfer your personal data across borders. CPC is based in the US although CPC Affiliates are in countries worldwide, including Germany, China and Hong Kong. Where a transfer of personal data across borders is required to comply with applicable laws, we will implement appropriate or suitable safeguards (such as EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses) to protect that personal data. Please contact us using our details above should you require further information.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
11. RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain laws, you have the right to seek access to your personal data, seek rectification or erasure of your personal information, restrict our use of your personal data, object to our use or request data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
In any event, you can always ask us for more information about the people who will be able to see and access your personal data.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data by us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes where you:
- have previously not objected to us using your personal data for our direct marketing purposes but now wish to opt-out of receiving future marketing emails from us;
- do not want us to share your personal data with CPC Affiliates and/or our business (and other) partners for marketing purposes;
- believe that personal data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete so that we can consider your concern and, where appropriate, we will promptly correct any personal data found to be incorrect. Or, you may contact us if you wish to review or change your personal data by using the “Contact Us” links on our home page; and
- do not want to be contacted by us in the future (unless you initiate the contact).
From time to time, we may wish to use your personal data collected through the Web Site for new purposes. If the new purpose is incompatible with the purposes stated above, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the new purpose.
Colder does not discriminate against consumers for exercising their rights to personal data.
12. PERSONS UNDER 18
We do not knowingly collect or allow the collection of personal data from persons under the age of 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 and believe that the person has provided personal data to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit the Web Site, we may use “cookies” and similar technologies to help us recognize and serve you better. Cookies are small files that contain information sent by a web site that is saved on your computer’s hard drive. You may delete cookies from your computer or set your browser to reject cookies. However, doing so may limit some functionalities of our site.
We do not respond to browser / do not track signals.
Please see our Cookies Notice for more information about our use of these technologies on the Web Site.
14. ANY CONCERNS?
You have the right to complain about our use of your personal data. Please contact us using the contact details set out below:
- Writing us at:
Colder Products Company
Attn: Compliance Manager
2820 Cleveland Ave. N.,
Roseville, MN 55113
- Calling us toll free at: 1-800-444-2474
- Or emailing use at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for customers located in the European Union.
If you require this notice in an alternative accessible format, please contact us using the contact details set out above.
Depending upon where you are located, you also have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.